In August I experienced my first pain episode. This is different than my normal pain. It is a wave of pain that takes over my body. It is not localized like my normal pain. I get dizzy and feel like I am going to pass out. My face turns white and I get so exhausted I feel like I have just run a marathon. I was at work the first time it happened. I felt awful and just wanted to get through the day without anyone noticing anything was wrong with me. These episodes have started to become a daily routine for me and last week was probably the worst it has been. I now have extreme nausea, a racing heart, fatigue, dizziness, foggy head, get hot and have a flushed face. After meeting with a Physical Medicine Doctor last Wednesday, he told me these episodes are actually an autonomic nervous system response to pain. He thinks acupuncture might help! My insurance does not cover acupuncture until the beginning of the year, however, if these episodes continue I think I might go ahead with the treatment!
Sunday, November 13, 2011
Pain, Pain Go Away....
I have been in chronic pain since the first week of March. There were times when the pain diminished to a more manageable level, but unfortunately it did not last. The funny not so funny thing is, I have gotten used to being in pain. It is constant. It disrupts my sleep, my ability to function normally at work, and my life in general. I have become very skilled at pretending I am okay. However, my body has been telling me otherwise. Pain is invisible, which is really hard for people who have never experienced chronic pain to understand. I have had people say "see, you're laughing. You must be feeling better. You can't be in pain if you are having fun." Unfortunately that is not the case...it just means I am happy and having a good day. It does not bother me that people do not understand what it is like....I just hate feeling like I have to pretend that I am okay all the time. It frustrates me being like this and not knowing when I am going to get better.
In August I experienced my first pain episode. This is different than my normal pain. It is a wave of pain that takes over my body. It is not localized like my normal pain. I get dizzy and feel like I am going to pass out. My face turns white and I get so exhausted I feel like I have just run a marathon. I was at work the first time it happened. I felt awful and just wanted to get through the day without anyone noticing anything was wrong with me. These episodes have started to become a daily routine for me and last week was probably the worst it has been. I now have extreme nausea, a racing heart, fatigue, dizziness, foggy head, get hot and have a flushed face. After meeting with a Physical Medicine Doctor last Wednesday, he told me these episodes are actually an autonomic nervous system response to pain. He thinks acupuncture might help! My insurance does not cover acupuncture until the beginning of the year, however, if these episodes continue I think I might go ahead with the treatment!
In August I experienced my first pain episode. This is different than my normal pain. It is a wave of pain that takes over my body. It is not localized like my normal pain. I get dizzy and feel like I am going to pass out. My face turns white and I get so exhausted I feel like I have just run a marathon. I was at work the first time it happened. I felt awful and just wanted to get through the day without anyone noticing anything was wrong with me. These episodes have started to become a daily routine for me and last week was probably the worst it has been. I now have extreme nausea, a racing heart, fatigue, dizziness, foggy head, get hot and have a flushed face. After meeting with a Physical Medicine Doctor last Wednesday, he told me these episodes are actually an autonomic nervous system response to pain. He thinks acupuncture might help! My insurance does not cover acupuncture until the beginning of the year, however, if these episodes continue I think I might go ahead with the treatment!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment