About Me

My photo
Hi my name is Stacey and I am 30 yrs old. I was previously very active in running, spinning, circuit training, and playing kickball & dodgeball :) I am a bit of a health freak and have always had an interest in nutrition. Up until the beginning of 2011, I was a fairly normal, healthy person. I have been diagnosed with the following : *Mild Acetabular retroversion (left hip) *Superior Labral Tear (left hip) *Mixed FAI (left hip) *SI joint dysfunction *Piriformis syndrome *4 bulging discs in lumbar spine *3 bulging discs in cervical spine *IT Band Syndrome *small bilateral adductor tears *Medial meniscus tear (left knee) *Patellar tracking Disorder *EDS hypermobility type

Hip Chicks

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Sooo frustrated

I want to start off by saying I am a very strong person.   I can handle having a lot thrown at me better than most and still remain positive.  However, this darn hip problem is really pushing the limits of what I can handle.  I do not question "why me" and I do not want attention for having just been diagnosed with such a debilitating condition.  I try so hard to get better, do what I am told by the doctor and PT's, I push myself (probably too much too soon), and research, research, research to educate myself. I feel like I have exhausted all of my energy trying to get better and get a proper diagnosis with no one really being too accountable for what happens to me.


And here is the source of my main frustration at the moment:
I recently mailed my medical records to a top hip scope doctor....well maybe not so recently...it has been 3 weeks.  I was supposed to hear from him by now and have had email communication with someone that works for that doctor.  Last I heard, I was supposed to hear something by the beginning of the week.  Now, I am not trying to be pushy but I would really like to know if he can help me.  I realize I am lucky to have learned about him and understand how busy someone like him is.  But at this point I am not sure how much longer my hip can last. :(  Since this doctor is to far to drive to, I have to fly there for any appointments and for surgery.  So, by waiting all this time for a response from the doctor I have just pushed back any chance of getting my hip fixed in the near future. Some days I just want my hip fixed so bad, I don't care who does it!! I think I will email my contact and explain my new diagnosis and just press a little for a response.  It seems that my numbness issues have really been concerning to the surgeons.  Hopefully the confirmation of piriformis syndrome will help ease some of the concern so I can get my hip fixed!!



I'd like to give a shout out to my physical therapists.  My PT's have been great over the past year.  Before I finally got the hip diagnosis, they helped me the most with figuring out what was wrong and believing that something truly was more wrong than the bulging discs. What's great about physical therapists is they can feel what is wrong...they don't just take a look at the various tests you have had the pleasure of doing....they take ROM, feel how tight the muscles are, see the atrophy, know the changes you body is making, track your pain level, and make it their priority to get the pain level down.  I feel blessed that I have such a good team to help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment