About Me

My photo
Hi my name is Stacey and I am 30 yrs old. I was previously very active in running, spinning, circuit training, and playing kickball & dodgeball :) I am a bit of a health freak and have always had an interest in nutrition. Up until the beginning of 2011, I was a fairly normal, healthy person. I have been diagnosed with the following : *Mild Acetabular retroversion (left hip) *Superior Labral Tear (left hip) *Mixed FAI (left hip) *SI joint dysfunction *Piriformis syndrome *4 bulging discs in lumbar spine *3 bulging discs in cervical spine *IT Band Syndrome *small bilateral adductor tears *Medial meniscus tear (left knee) *Patellar tracking Disorder *EDS hypermobility type

Hip Chicks

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

My so-called DIZZY life....

This past week has been a very dizzy week for me. I feel like I am going to pass out every time I change positions and have been really fatigued. At first I thought the new diet was to blame for my lack of energy....until I realized how dizzy I was. I started to pass out at the top of our stairs on Saturday ( i mean really, this kinda thing would only happen to my clumsy arse!) luckily I hit the doorway/wall and was able to stabilize myself enough to not fall down them. I've been salt loading as usual and taking my fludrocortisone. The only thing I can think of is that the drinking I did last weekend at my friends wedding possibly set off my BP issues. I have that happen every once in awhile if I get too dehydrated. I felt less dizzy today so maybe I am on the mend?! I go back in to see my electrophysiologist in 4 weeks. Hopefully he can confirm if I now have POTS and how the possible new diagnosis effects the previously diagnosed cardiovascular issues I have. As a teenager I had severe issues with orthostatic hypotension and syncope so it's interesting that my body has changed from one issue to another. I am willing to bet it has to do with my connective tissue defect....hopefully I'll have more info soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment