About Me

My photo
Hi my name is Stacey and I am 30 yrs old. I was previously very active in running, spinning, circuit training, and playing kickball & dodgeball :) I am a bit of a health freak and have always had an interest in nutrition. Up until the beginning of 2011, I was a fairly normal, healthy person. I have been diagnosed with the following : *Mild Acetabular retroversion (left hip) *Superior Labral Tear (left hip) *Mixed FAI (left hip) *SI joint dysfunction *Piriformis syndrome *4 bulging discs in lumbar spine *3 bulging discs in cervical spine *IT Band Syndrome *small bilateral adductor tears *Medial meniscus tear (left knee) *Patellar tracking Disorder *EDS hypermobility type

Hip Chicks

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, October 12, 2012

Back to school, back to school so nobody will think that I am a fool....

I can't believe I forgot to post about returning to work! My surgeon released me to return to work part time with a ton of restrictions. September 26th was my first day back to the office. I worked 2 hour days for the first 2 weeks and then started 1/2 days yesterday. I am exhausted all of the time now that I have returned to work....I think I am still in the adjustment phase. Hopefully it will get easier! Yesterday I ended up needing to fax something while at work and had to walk all over the building to find a fax machine that was working. This flared both hips up like crazy.....did I mention I'm still on crutches?! Yep, that's right I'm almost 6 months post op and still using BOTH crutches most of the time. I try to use one crutch when I am walking really well to try to help my shoulder pain. I ended up getting so fatigued from walking so far that I could barely keep my eyes open to drive myself home. I had to take some pain killers and flexeril when I got home.Oddly enough my overall pain level went down but my hip pain didn't go away. At least my shoulder and face pain went away! So one thing i noticed yesterday that has me pretty nervous is my right hip instability(good hip). It has started to feel like it is popping in and out of the joint. My muscles feel tighter on the right side now compared to the left. I'm really, really hoping there is nothing wrong with righty. I don't ever want to go through another hip surgery again! This recovery has been so tough I don't think I have enough strength to go through this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment