Tuesday, October 16, 2012
TMJ doctor appointment
I drove to Dayton today to see my TMJ doctor. I have been wearing the original retainer for 2 weeks now. I thought I would be getting a new retainer but instead he just re-molded the original retainer. I guess my jaw is still pivoting wrong so he made adjustments based off where I am now. I will be wearing it everyday for 3 weeks and then he is planning to make a final adjustment to get the cartilage back in-between the 2 bones. Right now my jaw on the right side is still popping because it is hitting the cartilage. They described it to me as being like a car tire trying to drive over a tree trunk. It just keeps bumping into it but can't get over it. So my mouth still won't open very far. I am not having as bad of face pain as I was and the ringing in my left ear has gotten better. I mainly suffer from ear pain and pain right where my TMJ is. I'm excited to finally be getting my TMJ under control but cannot wait to get rid of wearing the retainer ALL the time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment