About Me

My photo
Hi my name is Stacey and I am 30 yrs old. I was previously very active in running, spinning, circuit training, and playing kickball & dodgeball :) I am a bit of a health freak and have always had an interest in nutrition. Up until the beginning of 2011, I was a fairly normal, healthy person. I have been diagnosed with the following : *Mild Acetabular retroversion (left hip) *Superior Labral Tear (left hip) *Mixed FAI (left hip) *SI joint dysfunction *Piriformis syndrome *4 bulging discs in lumbar spine *3 bulging discs in cervical spine *IT Band Syndrome *small bilateral adductor tears *Medial meniscus tear (left knee) *Patellar tracking Disorder *EDS hypermobility type

Hip Chicks

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Appointment with Dr Meyers scheduled

This Wednesday, I have an office visit with Dr Meyers in Philadelphia. My husband and I are flying to Philly Tuesday afternoon and should get into town in time to grab a bite to eat....I've never had a Philly cheesesteak before! I have to be up bright and early Wednesday morning. My pelvic MRI is scheduled for 7 AM with the office visit immediately after. I feel like this is all happening really fast. On Wed. I will learn if I do in fact have AP/SH and if it requires surgery. If i need surgery, they will schedule it at a hospital and the potential dates are 7/20 or 7/27. Typically Dr Meyers operates at an outpatient facility, however, due to an underlying medical condition I have he has requested that it be done in a hospital (which is why I have to travel back at a later date for the surgery). I'm trying to not stress too much about the potential surgery but it's really hard not to! I have been dealing with a lot of anxiety lately and have actually had a couple of anxiety attacks :( I'm trying to look at this in a positive way but some days I just feel a bit too frustrated, sad, and angry with my current state. I was so hoping that my hip surgery would fix me and I let myself get too excited the first couple of weeks when I felt great. They really should tell you that there is a honeymoon phase with hip arthroscopies! I know I will be normal one day I just have to keep on working at getting better. It's quite a bit harder than I thought it would be though. Hopefully, I will recover faster with having a doctor treat me for the AP that I am certain I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment