About Me

My photo
Hi my name is Stacey and I am 30 yrs old. I was previously very active in running, spinning, circuit training, and playing kickball & dodgeball :) I am a bit of a health freak and have always had an interest in nutrition. Up until the beginning of 2011, I was a fairly normal, healthy person. I have been diagnosed with the following : *Mild Acetabular retroversion (left hip) *Superior Labral Tear (left hip) *Mixed FAI (left hip) *SI joint dysfunction *Piriformis syndrome *4 bulging discs in lumbar spine *3 bulging discs in cervical spine *IT Band Syndrome *small bilateral adductor tears *Medial meniscus tear (left knee) *Patellar tracking Disorder *EDS hypermobility type

Hip Chicks

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Rheumy appointment 7/5

I met with my rheumatologist last Thursday. He didn't seem too concerned about the inflammation issues I have been dealing with. My swelling wasn't too bad on Thursday though....maybe I should have taken pics of my knees and left leg when it is super swollen. Oh well. He decided to do some blood work and test me for Lyme disease. I should have the test results in a couple of days. I have these red dots on my legs that appear sometimes from sun exposure that he asked me about. I also get mouth ulcers often which i know are signs of lupus but he didnt focus on it too much. We talked about Lupus and sjorens back in March but my ANA came back normal...so nothing to worry about. I'm pretty sure the blood work will come back normal. Guess I'll know in a couple of days. This is what happens when I am in the sun....pretty ugly lil red dots. Guess I'm considered "photosensitive". So I'm not lying when I joke that I'm allergic to the sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment