Well it's not as bad as I thought it would be! Here's a little background. 8 years ago I sprained my left knee by landing with my left leg twisted when jumping down from a bunk bed. I went to the university hospital, had no diagnostic tests done, and was told "looks like a sprain" from one of the Dr's.I hobbled around campus for the next 6-8 weeks and have continued to have issues with it when working out. Fast forward to about 6 months or so ago. I was diagnosed with IT Band syndrome and was in PT once a week for my knee for about 2 months. I have muscle imbalances that were causing my kneecap to pop out out of place. Many times I would have to physically put it back in place. My kneecap feels out of alignment often, clicks, cracks, and just feels funny. My PTs were using kinesio tape to keep my kneecap from sliding over, which I thought helped for awhile. The instability has gotten so bad that I don't feel comfortable walking far without my stabilizing knee brace on. I made the mistake of thinking I could walk in the pool a couple of weeks ago. I just wanted to do some form of exercise! I am very limited to what I am allowed to do due to how out of whack my body is. My hips and knee both flared up from walking in the pool. My hips felt better after a couple of days but the knee....not so much. I started to have sharp stabbing that would make my knee give out & can no longer make turns. My local OS sent me to get an MRI. I have an office visit tomorrow to go over the results. I picked up the report on my way home from work. Here are the results:
As suspected, I have a small medial meniscus tear. It says There is a small area of undersurface fibrillation or scuffing suggesting a small tear within the posterior horn of the medial meniscus.
Lateral meniscus appears intact.
A small joint effusion is seen. There is mild chondromalacia patella as well as mild tilt.
Collateral and cruciate ligaments are intact thank goodness!!
I am hoping that the Dr's won't think this is bad enough to need surgery! And if I do, I hope I don't have to get my knee fixed before my hip.:(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment