Thursday, February 9, 2012
Accident Prone
2 weeks ago I met with Dr. B who told me I need to get my back more healthy and get my pain under control. My focus is to get my pelvis back into alignment and to stop all stretches/exercise that impact my piriformis muscle. The goal is to get the pain more localized to my hip. Well, all was going well until I slipped down the stairs 2 weeks ago (2 days after my appointment with Dr. B). *ugh* so frustrating! I decided to wear slippers that had no tread ( I know, I'm a genius sometimes ) so I rounded the bend of the stairs and just slid straight forward....feet went up in air and I landed about 3 or 4 steps down right on my flippin left posterior hip and mid back :( I was so mad at myself. I have spent way to long trying to get strong enough to have surgery and get my pain level under control. I cannot afford any set backs right now. I spent the rest of the evening in excruciating pain. My back was in spasm all night long from mid-back all the way down through my hips. My neck was spasming as well and had sharp shooting pain that radiated down my right arm to my thumb. Laying on my stomach was the only position I could be in that didn't increase my pain. I did manage to get a little sleep and go in to work the next day. I finally felt a little better that afternoon and gradually got better each day since. Taking hot baths really helped my back and I even got a guest pass at one of the local health clubs so I could get in their pool and jacuzzi. I'm happy that no permanent damage happened and I have thrown away those slippers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment