Monday, May 21, 2012
2 weeks post-op
The first week and a half post-op was rather painful and I was definitely slow moving. I began to notice the swelling go down about 8 days post op. After the swelling went down my ROM improved, pain level went down significantly, and I was able to lift my leg off the ground a little higher without pain. Each day I began to notice improvements! I was so excited that I finally was in less pain and seemed to be recovering pretty fast. Walking has been the biggest challenge for me. I couldn't get the heel-to-toe motion down right or the follow thru. My knee seems to be what is slowing me down. Because my hamstring and quad are so tight my knee hurts and is not straightening as it should. I do quad sets throughout the day along with many other stretches. I am really worried that my knee is going to prevent me from getting off of crutches :(
I began to take antibiotics for the sinus infection & atelectasis....which makes me have no energy! Hopefully the antibiotics clear everything up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment