About Me

My photo
Hi my name is Stacey and I am 30 yrs old. I was previously very active in running, spinning, circuit training, and playing kickball & dodgeball :) I am a bit of a health freak and have always had an interest in nutrition. Up until the beginning of 2011, I was a fairly normal, healthy person. I have been diagnosed with the following : *Mild Acetabular retroversion (left hip) *Superior Labral Tear (left hip) *Mixed FAI (left hip) *SI joint dysfunction *Piriformis syndrome *4 bulging discs in lumbar spine *3 bulging discs in cervical spine *IT Band Syndrome *small bilateral adductor tears *Medial meniscus tear (left knee) *Patellar tracking Disorder *EDS hypermobility type

Hip Chicks

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, May 7, 2012

Post-op Day 2

I'm a bit behind on updating the blog! I'm going to do my best to remember how I felt over the past 2 weeks. I woke up Thursday morning around 2:00 AM to throw up. I had very little warning.....lucky for me my hubby had put a bowl next to me on the bed that I somehow remembered. I felt pretty crappy. My hip was stiff and achy. My stomach was really nauseous and I was dizzy. My husband decided to sleep on the couch since the guest bedroom at my parents house only has a full bed. He was worried and probably a little scared that he would bump into me or somehow hurt me. So I texted him that I needed help. I waited a couple of minutes....guess he didn't wake up. I debated on yelling for him but decided I better not wake up the whole house so I tried calling him this time. It worked and just in time as I ended up getting sick the rest of the night and well into the morning. Due to my nausea and condition, I went without pain control for a good 10 hrs. I was very happy when I started to feel better! Thursday afternoon I felt much better, so my parents visited for awhile. I was surprised how tired just talking to my parents made me! I took a short nap before several friends stopped by. I was really happy to see them but wished we would have waited another day or 2 before having friends come over....I ended up falling asleep while they were there b/c I was so tired! I don't think they had even been there for 30 minutes! Kind of embarrassing but I blame the meds!

No comments:

Post a Comment