About Me

My photo
Hi my name is Stacey and I am 30 yrs old. I was previously very active in running, spinning, circuit training, and playing kickball & dodgeball :) I am a bit of a health freak and have always had an interest in nutrition. Up until the beginning of 2011, I was a fairly normal, healthy person. I have been diagnosed with the following : *Mild Acetabular retroversion (left hip) *Superior Labral Tear (left hip) *Mixed FAI (left hip) *SI joint dysfunction *Piriformis syndrome *4 bulging discs in lumbar spine *3 bulging discs in cervical spine *IT Band Syndrome *small bilateral adductor tears *Medial meniscus tear (left knee) *Patellar tracking Disorder *EDS hypermobility type

Hip Chicks

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, May 7, 2012

Post-op Day 3

Friday was a much better day. I was feeling better in general and ate a little more than i had been for my meals. I had my first physical therapy session that morning at Ohio State with Bettina. I did okay crutching into the building from the car, but started to get really dizzy and lightheaded once I got in the building. They had wheelchairs available but I really wanted to be able to walk up there on my own. I tried to give it a minute to see if the symptoms would go away. Unfortunately the symptoms did not go away and only would get worse when I stood up, so Chris(my husband) grabbed one of the wheelchairs and wheeled my through the building to the PT department. I felt fine while waiting there. Once Bettina was ready for me, we went through the stretches she wanted me to start off with. I did surprisingly well with the PT! I had been a little nervous beforehand.:) Since I do not live in Columbus Dr. Ellis wanted to make sure that I had a physical therapist in Cincinnati that would follow his post-op protocol and communicate with his PT department. Luckily Crystal (my physical therapist in Cincy) worked for OSU Sports med for about 6 years. She just moved to Cincinnati last summer. Most of the hip team at OSU knows her which works out great b/c she can email them if anything comes up or if she needs to give them an update. My parents spent most of the afternoon hanging out with me. We decided that I was doing well enough to head back to Cincinnati that evening. The drive was not pleasant by any means but I handled it better than I thought I would. I don't know how some of the girls do it....many girls have to travel hours to get to their surgeons and some have to fly there for surgery. After the 2 hour car ride I had home to Cincinnati, I am now very thankful that my drive was short compared to some of the other surgeons I had considered. I had even consulted with a surgeon at HSS in NYC...somehow I had planned out the airline I would use and in my head it all seemed like a totally feasible plan. Um Yeah, pretty glad I chose Dr. Ellis....2 hours was long enough in the car at 3 days post-op!

No comments:

Post a Comment