Monday, May 21, 2012
3 weeks post-op
I had been improving so fast the first 2 1/2 weeks, so i was a bit upset when things started to slow down. My stitches came out on May 11. The visit went really well with Tiffany (my surgeon's PA) and with PT. I was told that I was right in line with where I should be at in recovery and to make sure I don't over do it (or do anything stupid:). The Therapist I met with made a point to tell me not to go out and do anything crazy just b/c my pain level is so low. I guess one of Dr. Ellis's 17 yr old patients felt so good after her scope at 3 weeks she decided to go running! Yeah thats a pretty big no-no so soon after a scope! As much as I would love to run again, I don't see that in the cards anytime soon. I'm still trying to walk normal on crutches! I've spent most of my life walking by kicking my leg out which is really hard not to do so. I'm fairly certain the retroversion and muscle dysfunction is why I walk like that. I'll just keep practicing walking "normal" and hope I can retrain myself quickly.
After I got back in town from Columbus, I decided I wanted to go out and celebrate! My husband and I met my best friend and her boyfriend for a wine tasting and then had dinner at one of our favorite restaurants. I was so excited to be out and feeling better that I bought a round of tequila shots! Had a couple of mixed drinks,and of course the wine from the tasting. Man did I wish I hadn't drank all of that the next day! I swear I had a hangover for 2 days! Ever since that night I have struggled a little with my pain level going back up, inflammation, and back pain. Oh well, at least I had fun and felt more like myself for the first time in a long, long time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment