Thursday, August 23, 2012
New knee surgeon
I met with a new knee surgeon on Tuesday. He was opinion #3. I loved this guy! Felt really comfortable with him and am even more excited that he said no surgery for now! He believes that my floating kneecap has actually stiffened up some from the scar tissue that has formed underneath it....normally scar tissue is our enemy but in this particular case it has helped out my loose joint. Before I had my hip scope, my left knee was a mess. You could lift the kneecap up and just move it all around. It felt like there was nothing holding it down. It would pop out of place all the time, many times requiring me to put it back in place, and would of course track wrong which feels weird & hurts. In the past month my knee has started to pop out of place again and feel extremely unstable (most likely due to having to stop my strengthening exercises).
Dr. Noyes gave me some PT exercises to do each day to build up my quad (which is super tiny now compared to my good leg) and wants to see me back in 6 months unless I get worse. I had the doctor and his fellow laughing because only his EDS patients bring in big 3-ring notebooks filled with medical records! My mom always told me I was "special" LOL.
Here's a pic of the bruising this week. Sometimes I have bruising medially, sometimes it is behind my knee, it moves around a bit depending on what is going on. This week's bruising is from it popping out of place so much lately. If you look closely you can see the spider webbed veins I got going on. I guess it is a vascular issue. My veins have always looked this way though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment